First of all thank you for writing something for me; it is always fun to see what other people do with the things I love and it is very difficult to disappoint me. So for now something about what I like and dislike in general.
I'm a multi shipper without an OTP in the canons I requested, so I'm open to any and all pairings with the nominated characters. All ratings, kinks are welcome too. That said, I love gen in all shapes and sizes and will not say no to some good comedy or crack either.
I like angst, drama, and you can torture the characters all you want (I would actually love you for it), but I really need that happy ending (or at least hopeful enough that a happy ending is the most likely conclusion.)
Tropes I love: Good guys pretending to be bad guys, casefic, kid!fic, H/C, false accusations, Characters pretending to be dead (I'm a lifelong Sherlock Holmes fan, I can't help it.) Festive stories are welcome.
There are very few things I really dislike and I really rather don't read them.
- As said an unhappy ending, make me cry all the way, but I want a smile at the end.
- Permanent dismemberment of hands/fingers (Timelords can lose all the limbs they want though)
- I like people who are friends in canon to stay friends in stories, broken friendships fall under the unhappy ending for me.
- Disrespect to one half of canon (or practically canon) pairings. Canon relationships are definitely not sacred to me, but please try to be respectful to both parties.
( Diego de la Vega/Zorro)
Masked heroes are the love of my life and combine that with sword fights and my romantic side and you get Zorro. This version of Zorro is the one I watched with my parents just after we ate diner and it imprinted on me. I'm a superhero fangirl and love the whole masked vigilante trope and Zorro is the superhero without superpower, an old fashion Batman to me. I love the danger of unmasking, the struggle between the part that wants to scream out they are the hero and the part that wants to protect their secret identity. And the stupidity of the bad guys always makes me smile, in this case Zorro is a pretty tall guy and there is one tall guy in your village.
- The alcade suddenly realized that there is a simple way to find Zorro. He just put all the men in the town in a row and pulled out the one tall guy, because Zorro is always the tallest person around as is Diego.
- I like the exploration of Diego's relationship with his alter ego. Anything with Zorro captured and risk of a public unmasking
- Diego falsely accused and nobody believing him because he can not tell them where he really was.
- Diego telling he is Zorro to either his father or Victoria
- Just anything with Diego/Zorro injured (permanently would be interesting)
- Genderswap. What would it mean if Zorro was a woman? (I wouldn't say no to either Victor or Victoria)
(Mrs Pollifax, Bishop)
The one fandom I never thought about, but when I saw it had been nominated last year, I realized I had a burning need for fic about the books and not the fic that was written in my head for all those years. This was one of the first books I actually wrote for, in my own language, long before I realized I wasn’t the only one writing stories in my mind.
Mrs Pollifax has some of the most fascinated characters. Starting with her but just about everybody she comes in contact with are fascinating in their own right. I love the adventure, the slight absurdity of it all. And Spies, all the spies making me want to join the CIA as a kid.
- Something about Bishop’s POV when first meeting Mrs Pollifax, realizing who she really was etc.
- A mission, any mission, just an exciting mission.
- Her saving somebody important by just being at the wrong place and the wrong time
- Anything about her family, interaction with the CIA/Bishop/Robin/Farrell
- James Bond cross-over
Just like with Zorro I’ve been a long-time fan, and it is all about the swords. The series stole my heart by being sort of ridiculous, having great characters and the good looking actors/actresses don’t hurt either. The changes to the originals are surprisingly effective and the fact that everybody lived was a pleasant surprise at the end of the first season.
· I love to read some background stories about any of the characters.
· Twosomes threesome, all of them together, be creative give me unexpected pairings.
· Fighting just fighting
· Anything about the Queens diamonds.
· The boys on the road, going to England, being picked off one by one.
· Genderswap, one of them as a woman hiding her true gender.
· Have the Musketeers meet the real Cardinal
(Brax, Leela, Romana)
The Gallifrey audios fills my need for political intrigue perfectly especially since it is a fictional world. I love the detail of the politics and the history of the Timelords and like the series, because it doesn't focus on the Doctor.
Just like in the Benny audios I'm fascinated with Braxiatel. The fact that he might be The Doctor's brother, the way he manipulated Romana all through her life. The fact that besides all the horrible things he has done he still seems to be a good guy.
And then there is Leela and Romana together so what is there not to love. I love to see these two oh so different women together. And think they have a brilliant partnership. I would definitely not say no to some femslash between them and if you throw in Romana I/Pandora I will worship you forever.
- Exploration of Romana and Leela's relationship
- Braxiatel manipulating Leela and Romana into each other’s bed.
- Braxiatel filling his collection, meeting himself, hunting for the art. I would love to see him pull a great theft.
- Braxiatel winning the planetoid the collection is on with a game of cards.
- Braxiatel messing with timelines even more than he already has. (I just like to see even more alternative universes and If Brax is responsible even better)
- More political intrigue, back stabbing etc.
- A cross over with the Bernice Summerfield audios
(Six, Evelyn, Charlie)
I fell in love with Six the moment I saw him and I never fell out of love. I love how he can be mean, crash etc but if you look carefully you can always see the tenderness in his being. The audios brilliantly made that even clearer and there is a reason he is the best Audio doctor in my opinion.
Eight is like puppy to me, a puppy with a dark side. i think that Caerdroia showed it perfcetly: the three modes of his personality and I love them all. I would love to see more about this split in his personalities. While I love Lucy and like all of his other companions too I adore his relationship with Charley.
Evelyn works brilliantly as a companion. Not the standard earth girl but an older woman, going on her last adventure even though she doesn’t know it yet. Keeping the doctor in check, softening him without removing the edge he has.
Charley, the sense of adventure was so strong with her I loved how she just got on the R1O1 to see the world and meet her boyfriend. And she worked so well with Six, the secrets between them making them both on the edge but still the adventures.
· Charlie and Evelyn together talking about the Doctor
· The Doctor captured and needing to be freed by his companion
· The Doctor being tortured keeping a brave face before his companion.
· Cross over with the Musketeers (2014) based on The 5th Doctor story The church and the Crown.
· The doctor watching his companion being injured/apparently killed.
· Paradoxes, even more paradoxes
· Just a good old fashion time travel/space story
I've been a Benny fan ever since I first read the books. But the audios stole my heart and she might be my absolute favorite character in the whole Whoniverse. Her attitude, her drinking, her sex-life, her whole way of living, the fact that her stories can be the crackiest crack on the planet and serious and proper drama with rather philosophical questions the next just makes me happy.
And then there is Brax the magnificent manipulator and the character I still am not sure if I love or hate, but I do like reading/listening about him because he is fascinating.
- I would love to see her meet Mikhail Vladamir Popov again and have some epic adventure, or just sit and drink some vodka with him.
- Something about her time during WWII, the aftermath of the torture she endured
- Random extracts from her diary
- Benny and Iris Wildthyme reminiscing about the Doctor , or just getting drunk together when they are not bombarded with dead animals.
- Meeting between Benny and any of the audio companions without them knowing that they both travelled with the Doctor until the very end.
- I loved her interaction with the Holmes brothers so more Benny in Victorian times with the great detective and friends.
- Brax messing with Benny's timeline so badly that he keeps creating time paradoxes around her.
- Any and all cross-overs with the Gallifrey audios